Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Flutterby Wednesday challenge.......

Here is a card , again for a challenge, think I am hooked!

This card had to have a fairy,butterfly or angel and stripes. I don't often use stripes so found stripey paper too much for me. I decided to use a tim holtz alterations embossing folder to create rays/ stripes instead.
So, here it is:


I started by embossing a panel of coredinations card with the tim holtz die, this paper was black on one side and a beautiful blue on the other. I then sanded back the embossing to reveal the core colour of the card..........making blue stripes.
To coordinate the backing perfectly, as it is sometimes hard to get a true colour match, I used the reverse of the card for the backing of the other side of the card and stamped the corners of this using a rhonna farrer flourish. To make the joint flush I added some coordinating ribbon.
Lastly, my beautiful fairy, from lili of the valley. I cut out a circle using my trusty spellbinders die, stamped the fairy in black memento and coloured using the fantastic cosmic shimmer acrylic drawing inks.(blue blush,silver sheen,pearl shine,black night and cosmic skin).
Once dry I edged the circle using broken china distress ink and added some crystal stickles to highlight her wings.


So I am entering this card in the foloowing challenge:
a fairy and stripes - http://www.flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it, thats all for now
share the love and leave a comment
ta trace x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x