Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 5 September 2011

An adventure with baby wipes!!!

Hi bloggers,
Hope you have a happy crafty day! I am feeling rather 'heavyhearted'and a bit flat  today as tomorrow my two boys go back to school and I hate it!!!!!!!
Anyway, onto happier crafty things...
Here is my adventure or voyage of discovery into the crafty use of baby wipes,I just want to say they are great and I will be using them lots more!!!
The piece made with the finished flowers using baby wipes is here:



I will be entering this into the following competitions:
Gingersnap creations, gc114 spicy supply challenge, using baby wipes@ http://gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com
Craft your days away,challenge 28 , make your own flowers @ http://craftyourdaysaway.blogspot.com
Trash to vintage treasure , sugar creek hollow @ http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.com
Challenge 114, handmade flowers@ http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com
And anything goes @ http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.com

Instructions,...
1.dry out baby wipes or use the dried ones that are usually left on the top of my packs!!!, once totally dry colour. I coloured using tattered angels glimmer mist in : vanilla breeze, creme de chocolat and creme de rouge.set aside to dry.
2.once totally dry I cut the flowers using Tim Holtz tattered florals die. then I bunched together groups of flowers, pinched at back and secured with stitch, they almost feel like soft felt.I added robins nest dew drops to centre.

3.the box was crackled using emulsion and crackle glaze and then I added using glimmer mist dabbed on with cut n dry foam.

4.some flourishes and leaves were cut using Tim Holtz dies and coloured using walnut stain distress ink, the leaves had some iridescent gold added( tattered angels ).
5.the flowers were secured to the top and sides pinflair glue.I stamped detail using a Tim Holtz flower head and walnut stain.



I am very pleased with the flowers and will definitely being using baby wipes again, but am unsure I would choose these colours again!!!Still we can' t be totally happy with everything I guess!!!!

Anyway that's all for now, thanks for stopping by
have a happy crafty day
share the love and leave a comment
ta trace, they really do make my day and I am very grateful, thanks !

17 comments :

  1. A wonderful altered box, love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of baby wipes Trace and I love the box. The subtle colour palette fits perfectly and I love the stamping around the edge too. Lovely. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful altered box and great use of baby wipes . Thanks for the tutorial too I'm going to give it a try .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! you have done it again! Trace this is lovely! Thanks for the Tutorial, I have never seen flowers made with baby wipes before but certainly something to try because these are great! Methinks I need that die! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is beautiful and I love how you created the flowers from baby wipes! Thanks so much for playing the Gingersnaps challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a fabulous technique - thank you for the tutorial.. the flowers look amazing
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card,love the use of the baby wipes, thanks for playing on MAWTTs Handmade Flowers challenge this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous and the baby wipes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow an amazing creation and I love how you have made your flowers with babywipes - brilliant.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the flowers ,I will have to give that a try .These soft flowers will be good for posting cards as there are not too bulky.Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning I love the colours really beautiful work

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Days Away this fortnight.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulous your box is. I love the baby wipes idea. I will have to try it sometime.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your Ginger Gem award and so deserved. Love your flowers and design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a charming box, Trace--congratulations on being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Spicy Supply challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool use of baby wipes. They really look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Trace,

    My name is Monica and I came across that simply beautiful box with flowers made from baby wipes - so very impressive!!! I have decided to become your follower instantly... would love it if you follow me too.
    You are truly an awesome crafter!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x