Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 3 May 2012

Dance in the rain and your heart will be happy! wet but happy!!

hey there,
well it is raining here and not sure my heart is happy about it, fed up with the wet stuff and the grey, So Hels wants red at Sunday Stampers this week so here is mine:

I started by making the background using wrinkle free distress . When dry I added these heart flourishes from a very old set of stamps.Then I die cut the umbrella man, inked up Tim script in clear and embossed, using this as a resist for black soot ink which I then applied.
The floral ribbon trim, sorry cannot stop using the stuff!!!! was coloured using distress inks and so was the ribbon.

I had such fun using shrink plastic, utee and my melt pot that I made these hearts and then when dry coloured using alcohol inks.To finish I added some ideaology, well a girl just has too, doesn't she?!This is not totally my style but I am pleased with how it turned out and after all it is the playing and inkiness that counts!

I am entering this for the following competitions:
red for Hels @ http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/
monochromatic @ http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
anything goes @ http://lejdesignschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
anything goes @ http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/

have a fab, fun and inky day!
hugs trace x

13 comments :

  1. This is wonderful, love the charms the colour and embellishments. Thank you for joining in at LEJ Designs Challenge Blog. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And so you should be pleased, it is wonderful (I am secretly addicted to that border ribbon too) and it reminded me of that song 'Raining in my heart'. I love it! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background and brolly man looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Hun,this is just brilliant just love the detail,its amazing,Hun,thanks also Hun for playing at LEJ designs,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a stunning tag, Its amazing, Thanks for playing on Papertake Weekly this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tag, makes me happy to see it cos it is beautiful... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous tag, I love the colour, the flowers are gorgeous and the script across the man looks fantastic. Thank you for joining in with the LEJ Designs challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...hi Trace...you've done a grand job with this Tag, loVe the inking on umbrella man and of course the little hearts are just yummy...fantastic...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous - just love it.
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag. Love the vintage feel.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! You have all the reason to be pleased with this:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous tag :) Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at papertake Weekly - Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So wonderful, love all the hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x