Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 26 July 2012

guilded kraft glassine for compendium of curiosities vol 2, challenge 14

I must admit I have kraft glassine, but have never really played with it properly
so this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity..
This fab challenge is hosted by the lovely Linda..here..

The technique for this can be found in by the man himself,
 in compendium of curiosities vol 2, pg 39
.
The fab sponsor for this challenge is the funkie junkies boutique and Linda is offereing $25 !
so here is mine :

I started with a tag which I had applied crackle paint in pewter in a patch,
  I then added DI onto it and then I embossed using a Tim snowflake embossing folder...
then reapplied DI in the darker colours to the tag...
.and then I used the flick and spritz technique because I love it!!!!


I added a fab snowman from Tims stamps,
 applied DI and then rock candy ..love this too!
Finally added guilded kraft glassine elements
and some ribbon coloured with distress.


i used some guilded kraft glassine behind the sentiment too!

So not like me to do festive this early...
but the colours just made me think of snow!

Make sure you pop across here to enter and see all the fab entries!

I am entering this for the following comeptitions:
compendium of curiosities vol 2 tecnique 14 @ http://studiol3.blogspot.co.uk/
favourite colours @ http://www.creativeinspirationspaint.blogspot.co.uk/
sentiment on a tag @ http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
anything goes @ http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

have a fun and inky day!

25 comments :

  1. A cool tag for hot summer days :) Love how you've worked with the crackle paint and the rock candy, great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trace you should do more of these! You will be grateful come Christmas too. I am loving these colours the Christmassy feel. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...STUNNING...this is a superb Tag Trace, Christmas is vell & truely creeping into our crafting and this Die of Tim's is so cool, loVe your ice blues and frosted Crackle, the glassine flower is a winter wonderful...beautiful, my eyes are smiling...Melxx :)
    Thank you for your loVely comments re DT X

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to see here Trace. LOVE the use of crackle glaze in patches and the flower is perfect for this. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous piece! Love all the techniques you've used in particular the crackle and the folder. I really like the blue tones too - it all works so well and I love christmas at any time and after yesterday's heat I need to something to make me think 'cool'!!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic stuff Trace - love the blues and the glassine paper flower looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally too cool Trace. I love the colours and all the crackle everywhere. The blue on the glassine paper is really great, I'll be pinching that idea too! lol. Love it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the techniques you have used Trace :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Trace, I love all your crackle and your gorgeous blues x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have allowed myself a bit of time today to do some blog hopping and came across yours..
    Great blog and Really lovely work on here Trace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool in so many ways! Love the patch of crackle behind that wonderful snowman! I thought at first it was a separate piece until I read the details! Love all the embossing and of course that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic tag, Trace. You've used so many techniques that I've not tried (yet!), love it.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Trace, I love the moody blues of your tag, very cool and icy and so perfect for Christmas. Like the addition of the pearly bits and your flower is gorgeous too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great - I love all the crackle and they way it makes you think of ice. The little patch of pewter crackle and the pearl accents on the snowman are truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tag Tracey. Love the fact I am not the only one doing Christmas in July despite it being the hotest we have had it all year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very "cool"! I love the tag background and the mix of blue and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous blues Trace... fabulous tag.. love the crackle ice effect.. and your flower is fab... Brillant as always... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The crackle snowman is fabulous, and I love the torn glassine behind the sentiment. For something this yummy, I can even forgive you the Christmas theme!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! I can't believe the amount of detail you have on your tag! What a lovely holidy tag. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us for our Tag It challenge at Aud Sentiments Challenges! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, love that crackle affect... just gorgeous! Lovely having you take part in the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tag, so many gorgeous details to look at, I love everything :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning work, love all the techniques. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faulpus job love all the bleu that isu fav colour

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, fabulous tag.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments, hopefully see you again on Thurs for our next challenge.
    Hugs TC x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x