Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 14 July 2012

Playing with paint

I started by making some painty pages, I love playing with paint but haven't done so for ages!
I used some dylusions paints, in a fab turquoise and grey , scraping on with an old plastic card...then added lots of stencilled colour. So here are my painty pages:

When the paint background was dry I added stencilled circles,using paint and a dylusions stencil..then added some large circles using an old lid. When dry.... and yes I had to be patient....I added some stencilled circles in pen, some fab black leaves from dylusions ...I am hooked on these as I Love the vibrant colours against the black!
I added some doodled White detail too.
finally I added some movers and shapers butterflies coloured with the summer DI, picked raspberry so not my colour and yet....love it against the paint.., I stippled over some DI in salty sea, using a baby wipe.. I also added a Tim dress form inked and covered with walnut stain DI and some wings ..cannot help myself!
The final addition was a quote, inked softly with picked raspberry..from dylusions set...oh and some keys and some DI in black soot round the edges of the page.

still totally a vintage and grunge girl and yet i find myself loving the vibrant colours some how...
I am entering this for the following competitions:
Circles @ http://theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/july-challenge-circles.html
colour challenge @ http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

bright colours @ http://blog.oozak.com/
photo inspiration @ http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

have a fab and inky day!

18 comments :

  1. ...the colours are so lush on these pages Trace, loVe the silhouette leaves with their white accents they really pop out & a dress form with wings just wouldn't be right!...your art journal is looking awesome!...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace, I love the vibrant colours you have used and the way the black circles and leaves etc tone them down but don't detract. I really like your pages and the wings and butterflies are perfect. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Trace. Love all the attention to detail right down to the tiny little charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this, fantastic colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful Trace. What a marvelous pages. Love the colors and the whole combination. Really marvelous. Beware working with paint is so addictive (haha). Bu a delicious addictive.
    have a nice Sunday.
    Lovely greet
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G composition Trace, the colours are so striking, love love love your creativity. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous project, looks like you had a lot of fun making it! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project. Love the colors and how you work it out. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!!! It's like a rain forest of gorgeous art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages, great colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colors... love these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab creation Trace, love the colours and attention to detail is superb. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great piece Trace, great colour combo. How are you finding the di paints? I have not tried them at all yet,only paper artsy and americana acrylics. always enjoy seeing what you come up with, never disappointed.
    mark x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulously arty pages ;) Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great painty piece, you keep adding the form 'n' wings cos I do they are so addictive and why not when they give such great results.
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it... very painty and luscious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trace, I think that I am gonna say this is my favorite of your work!!! LOVE the gorgeous techniques you used--you're fabulous with paint!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic pages Trace, love the colours
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper Challenge
    alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x