Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Friday 6 July 2012

Simon says...spritz , spray and stencil..

Well I have had a fun and very inky time for Simon says this week...with spritz, spray and stencil, so here are the finished pages:

I started with 3 of the bright dylusions sprays, bubblegum pink,squeezed orange and vibrant turquoise and spritzed the page, heating and taking care not to blend the colours too much..
Then out came the stencils to add sprays of colour, blotting and heating in between colours...I love the way Dyan uses the remaining ink for a reverse print of the stencil and did this too..as well as the faux bleaching technique spraying water through the stencils...so much fun!So here is  the background without much on it ..

Then I pulled out some dylusions stamps,and got inky!!! I love the striking contrast of archival black against these bright colours..so not me and yet I LOVE IT!!!!! I added a sentiment from Wendy Vecchi, its face art, a die cut from Tims sewing room..over stamped with Wendy's leaves on the left page and then doodled White details.I added some wings, inked and covered with glossy accents.
On the right page I made a tag , using same dylusions sprays,some gesso through a stencil and inked the edges with black soot to make the edges of the tag stand out..I added some more , stamping White pen, a fab Tim heart die cut..again with the edges inked and voila!
hope are still with me!!!
I have had a lot of fun making these pages and re-found my lost confidence and mojo lurking too!!!yippee !!!!!!

I am entering this for the following challenges:
spritz, spray, stencil @ http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.co.uk/
anything goes @ http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.co.uk/
bright colours @ http://blog.oozak.com/

I am adding a list of supplies, let me now if this helps at all?!!!!
tim dies..sewing room and winged hearts
dylusions stamps..doodle parts and word love
wendy vecchi..its face art
dylusions sprays..bubblegum pink, squeezed orange and vibrant turquoise

have a fun and inky day!

32 comments :

  1. Hi Trace, love the fabulous colours you have used on your pages and really like that gesso technique, really must try that one. The doodling on your stamping really makes the leaves pop. Glad your mojo is getting back to normal, although from this work it looks like he is back 100%. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...oh my Trace, your journal pages get top marks from me! beautiful work, yummy colours, gorgeous...Mel :)
    I see what you mean from your comment on Marks blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace this is gorgeous art work. love the colors, the layers and all is a great composition. beautiful the black stamps against the bright colors. Really marvelous work. i enhoy it.
    Lovely greet
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Va va voom! What a riot of glorious colours... and more lovely dots and spots. Product list is great - I have to look in to the Dylusions sprays, seems like everyone's got them, I'm getting jealous! Brilliant pages, Trace.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did! The whit accents you made let it all stand out so nice...and the wings are just perfect! Still thinking I have to start using a white pen myself and end up not doing it..., but seeing your artwork I might finally tray it these week! Have a nice weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowser - this is stunning - I love your work so much - inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I had to put some shades on this was so bright and funky, love it.
    Oh and congrats on your stampman win x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trace, love your journal pages, your inky sprayed background is gorgeous. I love all the layers and your use of stencils. I love the dress form with wings and the heart is gorgeous as are the white highlights. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trace...your pages are gorgeous! I love everything about them! Love love the background colors! Love all of the stamping and stenciling, too! Those colors on the polka dots are awesome! I also love all of the Dylusion stamps you've used to create such interesting designs. Even Tim's dress form and papillon butterflies look perfectly at home here! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us and sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This art is just stunning and your color choice brilliant. Thank you for inking the edges, I am an edge inking person and it finishes the job off perfectly. I cringe sometimes when people don't ink the edges, it is so obvious. Your art just magnificent.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours, B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! The colours turned out perfect and the stencilling is really clear. Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trace these pages are Gorgeous.. fabulous work, great textures & design... love those leaves and how by adding the white has made them pop..BRILLANT!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh gosh Hun,these pages are just amazing the detail is just stunning,hugs Cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cool, Great use of the colours, I do not know what it is with this range, I really should not like it but every time I see things like this I love it. The leaves around the edge are perfect.

    Great minds huh?? lol really love how this turned out.
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pages. Love how you used colors and combined with stamps. Great art work!
    Groetjes Anja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Trace ... WOW this is totally awesome, LOVE LOVE LOVE the intensity of colours and the design is FAB, very cool. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work love it..thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Challenge this week, Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous Trace, beautiful colours and a fab contrast against the black stamping. I love your use of the white pen, it really makes the leaves pop x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your journal pages are fab Trace as is all I have seen here on my visit. I came to say congratulations again on winning our time/travel challenge, I absolutely loved your project and your other projects featured here are really awesome too!!

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so love steampunk so when I saw your blog I had to follow you....Love how you alter in steampunk style and love your blog design too. tis

    ReplyDelete
  22. ohhhh Love your use of colors!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite saying, she only flew when no one could see - I love how you used it - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on winning simon says, love these pages. well deserved. mark

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just popping back to say congratulations on the blog blinkie at simon says for the judges choice.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI,
    Congrats on the SSSaS win! Massively deserved...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  27. What great colors! Wonderful piece of art! Thanks for playing along with Oozak.com! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x