Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 25 March 2013

live everyday for coutryview challenge blogs dt

well here I am again with a reminder that there is still a few days to join in the anything goes challenge over at countryviewcrafts challenge blog here. So here is my second make for the month, I have kept with the same colour palette as the first piece which can be found here, but gone for a tag with a pocket at the back and a coordinating atc:

and the back

I started with the same supplies as for the first make ..as I was having so much fun.. I started by putting antique linen distress paint through a Dylusions stencil, drying and then adding distress paint layers in vintage photo and antique linen, then wetting and drying. the cool thing is when dry these paints do not re -wet allowing for lots of inky layers and spritzing of water without disturbing the painty base layer or stencilled areas...


When I had finished the layers of paint I splatted distress stain in antique linen and edged in vintage photo and walnut stain distress ink.


I added some fab tissue tape for detail and also added some onto the heart shape, which was coloured in same way as tag and atc. To complete the front I added a sentiment form the simple sayings Tim Holtz set full of all sorts of fab phrases., some rusty wings using an Andy Skinner technique and some rusty wire..cannot help it, I love this stuff!



 I also coloured some seam binding in vintage photo and another piece in walnut stain using distress stains. I added a trinket pin and philosophy tag too.


For the back I created a pocket for the atc but this could hold a gift card. I made the atc using the fab atc die and also cut a second from corrugated card to back the atc , this gives texture and dimension.


The little heart was cut using the hearts movers and shapers die and I stamped some mini alpha script from going somewhere set, onto it, some tissue tape and a twist of rusty wire and voila!

Hope you have liked my make and remember there is still a few days to join in the fun., here

have a fun and inky day
hugs trace x

15 comments :

  1. Just seen this at Country View and I think it is wonderful. Inspiring idea to have a pocket on the back of the tag.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace, the texture you have created on this lovely tag reminds me of marble, it is so subtle. Love all the stamping and of course, the rusty wire....a wonderful creation. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of a tag with a pocket at the back! I'm with you on rust finish and rusty wire (my obsession with the latter being partly down to you!!). Love your colour palette and all the layers you have carefully built up.Gorgeous piece.
    Hugs, Juliaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fabulous Trace - I love your use of wire and those rusty wings are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trace
    I love your tag and ATC, fantastic colour choice and the heart, metal disc and wire just make this the creat piece of art it is
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice composition Trace!

    kind regards, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trace....love your tag! I love brown tones...so of course, I would be drawn to this piece! :) I love your use of the tissue tape, too. Your stenciled and spritzed and flicked background looks great. I also love the little pocket and tag in the back! Very clever! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog as well!! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmmm love the painty background and added layers. A fabulous colour palette and beautiful hearts and those rusted wings add real interest and a pop of colour. Love the atc pocket at the back.
    Have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it´s stunning how you make a tag with a heart so many times and everytime it is different and beautiful! Love the colours again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous tag with wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb. Love the way you have added and co-ordinated that little pocket and atc!!!! great colous and love the torn butterfly element and the wing. Superb !1
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous tag... love that it coordinates with the canvas, and that little pocket is adorable!

    Hope all going smoothly at home...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The watery background in tans looks like stone, granite no marble! I have got to learn the rust technique

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag Trace ! The pocket on the back is fabulous! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of tissue tape Trace, and I agree with Nan G, it does look like marble. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x