Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Wednesday 24 July 2013

you are the hero for dragons dream TIO DT

well another fortnight has flown by and it is time for another recipe over at dragons dream TIO, this time the lovely Helen has chosen the recipe...which is paint, ribbon and a mask or stencil. Remember you have to make a tag and use at least one real stamp.

So here is my make :


well my love affair with the distress paints continue, they make the most amazing backgrounds and come in all the yummy distress colours as well as being amazing when layered with distress...LOVE them! can you tell? So I created a painty background using the distress paints in frayed burlap and antique linen . ( before doing this I used gold pearl texture paste underneath through ledger stencil)



When I had dried the background out came the stencil again and I applied some walnut stain through the stencil . I also stamped a stamp from the paperboy boy set from Artistic Outpost ( love this set and finally got it inky...lots!) randomly over the background, using vintage photo. 

Then came the embellishing, I added quote from Paperboy set and cut it into pieces to place on the tag , placing one piece behind a fragment for definition.


 The image was stamped in coffee archival and inked with distress, a waterbrush used to remove colour from his face. I added some torn on the edge notebook die behind as in my card yesterday...

Finally some yummy idea-ology, film strip (LOVE this too!)


 and some seam binding/ ribbon dyed with distress stains.


well make sure you pop across here and see my team mates makes .

I am entering this for the following competitions:
 
choose a decade (1940's), twist and at least 3 layers  @ http://c2cu.blogspot.co.uk/

 
have a fun and inky day!
trace x
 
huge congratulations to Kate and William on the birth of their son, many happy memories to be had at this special time for them a s a couple!
 

21 comments :

  1. What a wonderful tag, Trace!

    I generally love your colour palette, but this time you outdid yourself with the richness of distress paints and colour tones! Fantastic make!

    Hugs,

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya - really like this look - great idea to put some of the quote under a fragment - always wonder what to use the fragments for!! Can I ask about the ledger stencil - where it's from and what make it is - I have a thing for text/scripty things at the month and it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic tag and the use of the film at the bottom is terrific

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work trace - i agree with u totally about distress paints. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trace, I am so enjoying your "Paperboy" creations! Love the vintage feel and the added filmstrip, especially twisted! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tag! Love the colours and the quote is so good! Everytime I see a pen like this I think it´s beautiful on so many projects; think I have to buy them... Have fun and hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful tag Trace, love the soft browns, that AO stamp is wonderful and I love the addition of the film strip. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! Love the sentiment!!
    Great job with all the background. Everything looks amazing

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag, love all the details and added elements.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful sentiment, The boy image fits perfectly and I love how you have used the film stip xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the distressed vintage palette and all the ideaology pieces. A great tag.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Trace - your tag looks right up your alley! Are those puzzle pieces? I do love your style!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful, Trace - a wonderful background, and I love the muted colour palette. The twisted film ribbon is a brilliant touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab tag! Love that you can see thru the painty background! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Trace, I love how you've used the stencils on your painty background and I really NEED these stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Trace, Fabulous tag, Love the colours of the background, the image is perfect..Love the photo ribbon... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Trace, Stunning !! I love this tag, the ledger stencil on the background with texture paste is gorgeous. The paperboy is one of my fave stamp plates and I love how you have stamped him, the colours are fabulous and the film strip finishes off this gorgeous creation, beautifully. Whenever I see the pen nib, it takes me back to my first days of 'real' writing at school, we used pen nibs and inkwells, so nostalgic.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really wonderful tag Trace. Stunningly inked and embellished. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  19. amazing Trace - I love all about this... such a cute boy.. and such a vintage TAG -beauty! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cool, a great tag. Love how you've curled the film strip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x