Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 5 September 2013

art is art , however small... for Creative Expressions DT

Before I start my post I want to say thanks to everyone who takes time to leave comments, I am behind and will be catching up! But with the boys first day back at school and Lucy at her first nursery session...I have been a bit preoccupied...I don't like it!:(, love them being at home)...so sorry if I am behind ...I know again! Also welcome to all my new followers , thanks so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to follow my inky journey xx

Well this month we have some fab new goodies to play with and remember there is still time to enter for Creative Expressions DT Call ...here . so for this weeks make I have used Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Classics set #4 , gold pearl texture paste and some gilding wax.

So here is my mini make :



So for this make I made this mini canvas, I coloured the front side edges in brushed corduroy. I tore a piece of cardstock for the from of the canvas, as I love how these inks work on card, For the larger piece I stamped in brushed corduroy and dried with heat tool then inked, the piece on top was stamped in coffee archival and inked.


I cut out some hearts and layered to make a chunky piece and stamped the lady from the row of faces in coffee archival and then masked her off and added the wording stamp behind. I then added some dyed seam binding for another dimension and texture.


For the edges of the canvas I roughly applied texture paste in gold pearl and heated to make it bubble...gives great texture..when cool I applied some light golden coloured gilding wax to it. I also lightly rubbed this round the front edges .



I added some die cut flowers and rusty wire to the front to complete this mini make over .


thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment, when I have dropped Lucy off :( I will be blog hopping! )x

have a fun and inky day!
trace  x


27 comments :

  1. Art is definitely art whatever the size, especially when it is designed and inked to perfection like this canvas. Just love the stamped heart and gorgeous flowers.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp on the heart! The flowers look to grow right out of the beautiful background; love the way you did that! Sunny greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Trace - I wil look at brushed corduroy in a whole different light! I love all your layering and in such a tiny space too. Enjoy your quiet time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - proof that small can be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful canvas. Love the glint of gold and the way you've 'framed' the word Art. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous golds for autumn here Trace - its a beautiful make. No need for apologies at all - well done on still being craftily productive with so much going on. Hope everyone settles in well with school and nursery. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trace WOW this is stunning I want to try working on canvas ,thank you for the inspiration.
    Smiles
    Ita in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is wonderful Trace - really stunning - and don't worry about catching up with blogs!! just get round when you can! Sorry you're missing your children - mine are on the second day now and I'm relaxing into the old routine quite nicely!!! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A mini work of perfection!!
    I thought the main background was burlap. Then I read where you used the texture paste on the edges, that looks like burlap also.....did you use burlap?

    I still love it. For such a tiny piece it packs a huge punch!

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trace, hope your children have all settled in nicely to their new school routine. Love your little mini piece of art. Love the warm brown/gold tones and the images are fabulous. Love the added paste around the edges too. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous make I love the little twiddles of wire and the texture paste. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little mini make Trace! And I hope you feel better about everything soon! Hope Lucy enjoyed her first day at nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful and very romantic piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Trace, please don't worry about getting behind, the family must always come first and we will all be here taking great pleasure at looking at your wonderful creations - like this one! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet n pretty. I was looking at some mini easel canvases in the works. Might get some now you have inspired me! Lovely piece Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic mini canvas, love the images and design.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful tiny canvas, Trace - lovely use of the stamps, and the gilding looks fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trace I love your mini canvas. I do like the neutral colors and balance you achieved with the flowers and the frosting on the cake for me, is the heart. The canvas looks like it is burlap.
    Wonderful!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love small art - you know why - you can carry it around with you too - and it is not confined to one spot or place. This mini canvas is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation Trace...the images are fantastic...Love the colours & great detail... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Trace, another fab make!!!!
    Love the colours you have used and all the embellishments.Am new to mixed media, canvasses etc as always ,made cards and scrapbooked but just venturing into unknown territory for me.you have inspired me to have a go
    Hugs
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that mini canvas Trace and you managed to adhere so many details. Gorgeous colours too.

    Crafty Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely piece, Trace! (And I know what you mean about being behind with the blog visiting, good grief, it seems like I never have time for a good round of visits anymore!)

    :)trisha

    ReplyDelete
  25. A wonderful mini canvas, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x