Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Tuesday 18 February 2014

My take on Tim's tag for February 2014 - how wonderful life is...

Well another month and another tag from Tim Holtz for inspiration...I have completed 20102 and 2013 so am determined to complete this year too...So onwards for my tag I used the layout of Tim's fab tag ...found here but decided to make mine sightly different and go chalkboard mad!

So here is my take on Tim's tag for this month :


So I loved this sentiment...just fab and copied Tim's chalkboard technique for it...which is also what I used to create the background using the new heart stencil...


Now you know me and idea-ology... I have a teensy thing for idea-ology ...so rude not to put some on right? I also wanted to add a splash of colour so added a glittered heart as Tim had but also some red dyed seam binding to the top...



Yes we actually saw the sun and I just know that it has shone all funny on some of these but...it was just so nice to see it...and I love how it shone on the ribbon...so sorry if it makes your eyes go a bit funny...but you never know when we will see it again! x

so I am linking this up to tim's 12 tags ...february tag here ..


keep those fingers inky!
trace  x

22 comments :

  1. What a magnificent take Trace and so creative. I just love the whole chalkboard feel you have created with those fabulous pops of red. Brilliant. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love this Trace and the pops of red look amazing - brilliant take on the tag x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my g-... how wonderful. Totaly love your interpretation of the Feb Tag! Just Brilliant (as always)
    xoxo SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Tag Trace. Beautifully done. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag Trace, beautifully embellished. Love the trim at the bottom and the stencilled backdrop. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace...this is truly lovely. I love the chalkboard background with the sweet red bow and heart. That really is just stunning. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious, Trace... full-on chalkboard action and it looks amazing. The red ribbon is so lovely - especially with that hit of sunshine!! Brilliant take on the tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me smile with your 'teensy thing for Idea-ology'...... your tag is gorgeous, I love that you used chalkboard for the whole piece and that red ribbon looks stunning against the background. The Idea-ology pieces.... well, they are just perfect! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the original Trace, love how you have used the chalk board technique all over the card. The red heart and ribbon finish it off just perfectly, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trace, you have rocked the chalky technique and the chalky heart background is fabulous! I love your take on February's tag! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great with the background so chalky aswell! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on Tim's card, the pops of red are fantastic against the black and white tag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Trace --- you already know how much I love what you do. I think I am going to get sick to my stomach. I tried like crazy to do Tim's Blackboard technique and could not for the sake of me make it work - so I moved on. You have done it on your whole tag! Is there a secret - did I miss something in his instructions? I will definitely try again - you have really mastered it!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trace, the sunshine makes it even more appealing--wonderful tag!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous take on Tim's February tag, love the chalkboard effect and the touch of colour really makes it all 'pop'. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a huge fan of chalkboard I love this version Trace. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! I love the wonderful bright red against the chalkboard black x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful tag Trace - I think Tim's blackboard technique is quite hard to do but you sure have mastered it! The rd accents looks so good with the chalked blackboard.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful tag Trace - I think Tim's blackboard technique is quite hard to do but you sure have mastered it! The rd accents looks so good with the chalked blackboard.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great take on Tim's tag, it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x