Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Sunday 16 February 2014

Painty pleasures for Country View Crafts DT

Well here I am with painty pleasures piece #2 for Country View Crafts challenge DT. There is still plenty of time to get playing with paints...So for this piece , it will come as no surprise that I went for Distress paints and that I went for browns...but I played a little more...so here is my make : ( not happy with this one but here it is warts and all!)


I wanted to see if the lovely spritzy effect could be created with the yummy denser nature of the distress paints so set about making myself some distress paint spritzers...and sure enough they worked! How cool is that...


I started with a mountboard piece...I know how very predictable..and set too glueing die cut pieces and adding embossed pieces and texture paste through stencils to create layers and texture...all covered with a layer of watered down gesso.


I then set too painting, spritzing and layering more painty and wateriness.



The sentiment was stamped on a piece of cardstock given a painty spritz...


The flowers were painted with painty spritzers too...


To complete the piece some rusty wire twists, some butterflies and some walnut stain ink and treasure gold around the edges.
If you want to join in all the painty fun then hop across here...there will be plenty more inspiration for the rest of the month too....

keep those fingers inky!
trace x

17 comments :

  1. super painty fun Trace - great texture xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous piece of art Trace. Beautiful in every way. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, I cannot imagine what it is you are not happy with because this piece is just chocked full of painty goodness. The distress paints are so amazingly versatile aren't they - love your spritzing and that sentiment is just perfect. This is beautiful! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! Must say that I made somewhat in this line for my guest DT, but it isn´t on my blog jet... The textures are great and your flowers so stunning! Have a fun sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy with this Trace it's Fabulous.. Love the texture, layers... the colours are beautiful... Amazing work of art... Love it... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have had a flying peek at all your gorgeous work that I have missed Trace and everything is adorable especially this make which oozes paint heaven.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hanging, great textures and inkiness,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What an inspired project. The sprit zing looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful sentiment and great question. Your makes are always so creative and I really like your use of wire!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this hanging, Trace! The die cut pieces add wonderful interest and texture and I love the neutral colors! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your tip about spritzing distress inks. Your piece has so much depth. I love your layering, coloring, sentiment and placement. Stunning piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely afore this Trace, a fabulous piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous spritzing over all that fabulous texture... not sure why you're down on this one - I think it's lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful, love the color scheme and the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning piece Trace.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x