Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Saturday 4 June 2016

masculine monochrome

Well having been inspired to enter my first challenge over at A Vintage Journey , in a very long time...I decided to have another go ... and those of you who stop by here once in a while will know that I do love a neutral and monochrome palette ...
so when I saw that the challenge over at Simon Says on Monday was monochrome ...I decided to play along.

So here is my masculine make in monochrome...in yet another little shrine... I bought mine from Country View Crafts here ... so here goes:


And here is a photo that shows a little better the dimension ... I am having so much fun making these and my previous one ( a sewing inspired one ) , for those who are interested can be found here .


I started by painting the piece with DecoArt media paints , sanding , then adding a layer of
 crackle glaze and leaving to do its magic ... then added some antiquing cream and rubbed off ..leaving the wonderful crackle highlighted ...gotta love some crackle !

 
In order to make my gent , cut from one of Tim's gorgeous found relatives cards to stand proud of the background I added a couple of mini spools , painted to his back...

To decorate the inside , I used a piece of paper from the dapper paper stack, again from Tim Holtz..some rub ons and some yummy idea-ology...

it is amazing how much detail you can fit inside..


I added some seam binding , tied around the edge that had been dyed using hickory smoke...I do love this colour .


Here is this wonderful vintage gent...standing inside


and finally a last few images of the inside ...


So thank for stopping by... I am entering this into Simon Says Monday ...where the challenge is monochrome..

keep those fingers inky!

trace x

10 comments :

  1. Terrific ideas as always Trace. I haven't seen a shrine project for ages

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the fine crackle and monochromatic tones. Love the gent who sits perfectly in the aperture. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Trace - this is really wonderful - the crackle looks fantastic - Love all the cogs and details too. Take care lovely lady! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve this work! I adore your way to use monochromatic palette! Wonderful as always TRace! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous piece! I love the effects you created on the wood along with all the dimension. Great job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trace, yet another brilliant 3d shrine here - love it! Your gent fits in there perfectly and I love the inked ribbon around the edges and the crackle frame. CVC are out of stock of the shrines at the moment, probably because you have inspired quite a few others to play with them, me included when I can get hold of one. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fab! Trace A real beaut . hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully designed and coloured in monochromatic shades, love it a Trace. Have a great week. XxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beyond AMAZING! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Masculine monochrome is the perfect description of this subtle make - full of great details.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x