Tuesday, 29 July 2014
Friday, 25 July 2014
I decided to go all out with the stains for stamping, ribbon staining, background making and shattered stains... so here are some details and pictures .
I stared by creating the background by applying Distress stains in rusty hinge and broken china to my craft sheet, spritzing my large tag and swiping through the stains... I spritzed some water onto tag surface and dried.
Then I re dipped into the remaining stain droplets to get a more mottled effect and dried.
and stamped onto surface of the tag in bottom left and top right.
To complete the tag background I added some rusty hinge and broken china distress ink to edges, dried and then edged with walnut stain. I added some die cut framework pieces and some inside pieces cut from various materials. ( sorry got carried away but here is one that shows the pieces in place ).
Now for the butterfly, well my new die (oops dies)...had fallen through my letterbox...well actually a few more things fell in my basket and Mr Postie had to hand them in the door...but anyway it seemed rude not to play..so I die cut the butterfly from grungepaper and coated with clear rock candy and left to do its thing!
I then added a layer of tumbled glass stain and heat set... Tim Holtz has a great tutorial on shattered stains here for his July tag.... I did this a bit differently but not much...
I added a sentiment, stamped in black archival and inked up in same colours and lots of dyed seam binding....using distress stains applied to craft sheet, spritz seam binding...dip into stain droplets and scrunch and leave over night to dry.
Finally a philosophy token with distress paint rubbed over surface and into letters and then rubbed off with soft cloth so paint only stays in letters.
Well hope you like my make and make sure you hop across for all the details of how to join in and to see all the yummy makes my fellow creative guides have made...I promise you will not be disappointed x
keep those fingers inky and those hearts full x
Monday, 14 July 2014
Friday, 11 July 2014
Here is the outside of the box now all those yummy distress layers are completed.
Inside the box I applied pumice stone through the arrows layering stencil , turning the stencil randomly to cover all of inside.
I created two large and two small tags and the inked the edges in black soot and also rubbed rusty hinge DI onto them .
(you will see the detail of them in the finished piece)
I also die cut some arrows from thick card and coloured with stains and then dabbed some antique brass distress paint and some rusty hinge distress ink onto them.
Here are the faces of the ATB.
For this side I added a die cut framework piece, coloured in walnut stain DI. I added lots of rub ons and some stamped elements .
For this side i added another piece of framework die cut coloured as above and some stamped elements and some rub ons and a pen nib.
For this side ..more die cuts and stamped elements.
Here are the cogs and gears on the top....I adhered them using bingo pieces and spools to make them dimensional. I added the die cut arrows, some idea-ology and then some rub ons .
Hope this shows the dimension.
Here is the inside of the box... I added lots of rub ons and some stamped elements and some idea-ology. I added lots the rest of the gears to create the dimension I glued onto more spools and bingo chips...lots of rusty wire, idea-ology gears and some die cut arrows.