Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Thursday 28 June 2012

A pocketful of petals.

well over at Sunday stampers Hels really set us a challenge this week, being pockets!!yikes it I thought..so here is my pocket..full of petals...
I made my pocket using a small envelope covered in manilla card , so I could ink it and filling it full of flowers!

I distressed a frame..not sure where from sorry! The inside is kraft paper , coloured with picket fence and then DI.I wanted to keep to a vintage, neutral palette. I added flowers cut from sticky back canvas and clearly for art.. Using ....Wendy vecchi set.The spots are made using mini dot background from the artistic stamper. I added idea-ology cogs for centres...cannot help myself..think I am developing a cog obsession!!!!!

The stems are arts parts, as is the scalloped shelf, the roses a made from Tim papers using tattered floral overs and shapers die and a word band..(.love these) for good measure.
This was a challenge , I have to say and yet I Like my pocket full of petals!!!!and would never have made this if it had not have been for Hels!!!thanks.

I am entering this for the following challenges:
pockets @ http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/
texture/vintage @ http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/
create your own flowers @ http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.co.uk/

have a fun and inky day!
H

27 comments :

  1. ...gorgeous work Trace...your flowers are beauties, super use of browns & loVe your crackled frame...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! LOVE all the blooms--an fabulous card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: THANKS for joining us at CCM!!! ;) Forgot to say that the other day...oops!

      Delete
  3. This is stunning - really love those blooms! Big hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to be honest, I found this week's challenge to be the hardest yet but your creation is perfect, I love those WV flowers and the TH flowers are gorgeous too. The whole piece is a beautiful piece of art. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely... and I think a cog obsession is a very healthy thing! Just brilliant, the text on the petals, dots on the stems, all of it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Such a beautiful details. The flowers are awesome.Love the colors.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and so clever. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pocket idea! The brown tones work so well and I love the flowers. I'm your latest follower but won't join in the blog candy comments because it's not fair as I'm the newbie! Happy to come and see your work.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love your use of stamps, super design and colour combo, love it. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Trace, I am so glad you did make it as it is Fabulous... love it!! the design is great love the pocket for the fantastic flowers.. Brillant use of the cogs.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Trace, I love your pocket of sunflowers. The whole piece is fantastic. I'm much later than usual as well. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful...love your cog centres!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful Trace, I love all your flowers, and you always blend your colours perfectly. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creation Trace, LOVE the 490 style and th kraffty colours... right up my street... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute make, Trace! Your flowers are awesome, both the fabric ones and the paper ones at the bottom. Your monochromatic color palette is just wonderful - love the vintage feel you have created. Terrific take on the texture and material challenge - so happy you shared with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic, great vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous. Those cogs make great flower centres. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous work Trace ! Love the flowers on the sticky back canvas. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very clever I really like it, especially the colors you have used.

    Eliza
    Oh I have put your logo up on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes the simple flowers are the most effective... thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Totally stunning and breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your take on this challenge! The flower s are stunning and I do think the gears are are great embellsihment! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A great creation I love the idea of a pocket full of petals. I really like the kraft pallette you've used and the cog centres look great.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now this is right up my street......anything with flower making and Im happy as larry, lol. This is fabulous. Lee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x