Just wanted to say ... thanks for taking the time to stop by, hope you enjoyed your visit.x

Monday 13 June 2016

Summer of Creative Chemistry - Week Two - part one - Remember the Now x

Well I am signed up and raring to go for Creative Chemistry 103 - and there is also a Summer School and I have to say I am loving it!! As many of you know , if you stop by here often, I love Tim Holtz and all his yummy products and use them nearly all the time .... but I am loving re-discovering some of these products ..... or reminding myself of how much fun they are .

So are the results of my playtime...and a finished tag... using some of the techniques from Creative Chemistry 101 - and little Lucy has been having fun playing too...

So here are some of the backgrounds created using stains and sprays made from re-inkers..



and here are a few more ...
backgrounds that are ready to be added too ...
and so much fun!


So here is the finished tag , using stains and stamping with stains...


I played with different colours , stamped and embellished as per the lessons


here are some of the elements from the tag..


I added some seam binding to the top of the tag..


I added rusty wire and staples...


And now here are the details of little Lucy's tags ...


and here she is following the lead from Tim Holtz and adding brown ink around the edges...


I think she did an amazing job!!

I am having so much fun allowing myself the time and space to play and create
 for the pure pleasure ...

keep those fingers inky!
trace x



12 comments :

  1. Beautiful work from both of you ladies!! I think we have another member of the Tim Fan Club there!! Lucy...you did an Awesome job girl!
    And you too Trace! ;)
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Love all of your backgrounds. Looks like you have been having some very inky fun lately. Absolutely gorgeous tag Trace -- Pinned!!! What a wonderful use of the dapper stamps. And Lucy has an amazing eye for color. Age 6 ?!?!? Really?! Great job Lucy!!!!! Love your work! Thanks for sharing it all Trace :) -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace, your backgrounds are fabulous and I love your Tag. Well done to Lucy too, she looks a natural. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tags by both you and Lucy! Trace Love your finished tag . Great to see your name as one of the lucky winners last week too . Yay !!
    Still not got round to blogging mine - one day i will maybe lol
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic results on all of these

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice choices of colour from both of you! Lucy is not shy when it comes to colours is she :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your backgrounds are fantastic! The white stain stamping looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful work Tracy and oh my goodness - Lucy is taking after her mum big time!!!! Wow! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy is becoming a budding artist. It's lovely to see you getting some creative time Trace. Love your backgrounds and finished pieces. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful colour experiments from you and from Lucy - another post which makes me wish I had the time to play along this summer.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see you alrewady have the newest TH-stamp :) And your tag looks great! Love the colours and the white and black on it!
    Good to rediscover your own supplies and get working with them again; have fun with the classes! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me a comment..it means a lot..hope you like what you see. Trace x